Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Wow!  I tried out a new recipe for lamb.  Never combined the spices and herbs the recipe called for previously.  Coriander, Cumin, Cinnamon, salt and even sesame seeds.  Sure was good.  Lamb is such a tender meat and can be cut with a fork if boneless and this was.

Anyway, the recipe came from the FoodNetwork.com and I altered it to fit my household size.  I served it with French Cut green beans and not the yogurt sauce called for, but to tell the truth, I'm not at all sure it would have been anything I'd have paired with the lamb.

So here's the recipe.  Roasted in the oven, not on the grill as indicated in the recipe.  One disclaimer...I cook for 2 only as there are only 2 at my home.

I used only about 1.25 pounds of boneless lamb shoulder chops.

Preheat oven to 350°

Ingredients

1 1/2 pound boneless lamb shoulder chops
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seeds
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cloves, garlic, crushed
Avocado oil, as needed

Directions

Crush the garlic and drizzle a small amount of avocado oil over garlic and set aside until all herbs and spices are mixed

Place lamb onto small, shallow pan for roasting. Spread garlic & oil mix onto lamb and allow to sit for about 5 minutes.  Sprinkle on the mixed herbs and spices, using a spoon to mash these into the the lamb.  Top with sesame seeds.

Place into oven and roast for about 10 minutes per side.  Serve with green beans.

Lamb is very tender, infant you should be able to cut the meat with your fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment